The A 135 D1 railcars, Nos. 501 to 503
This is the first C.F.D. order from the Etablissements Billard, dated September 12, 1934. These three railcars were equipped with a 135 HP Berliet MDK engine, which was replaced in 1946 by a 100 HP Willème engine. Spacious and comfortable, the bodywork offered 36 seats on leather benches.
Here are the main dimensions:
Length 12,05 m
Width 2.40 m
Height (above the rail) 2.70 m
Tare 11 t
These railcars were delivered on the following dates: 10/01/1935, 06/02/1935 and 06/03/1935, for the South Indre-et-Loire network.
The 501, after being officially presented to parliamentarians, road and bridge engineers and representatives of the C.F.D., on the Esvres - Ligueil route, around 15 January 1935, left for Laroche - Migennes to carry out its tests and was presented there on 26/01/1935. It was tested again on the Le Blanc - Argent line on 02/02/1935 before returning to Ligueil where it started its service at the end of February 1935. The 501, 502 and 503 railcars have always provided the hard service of the Ligueil-Loches-Ecueillé line.
It is worth noting that the original prototype, which left Billard's under the n° 688 (the 501, 502 and 503 came out under the n° 712, 713 and 714), intended for Congo-Ocean, was taken out of the Billard factories at night, put on the Tours tramway track and thus routed on the C.F.D.'s Northern network for its first tests.
The 503 was destroyed by collision with locotractor No. 13 on 19 July 1949. The 501 and the 502 were sold, on February 26, 1952, to the R.T.M. serving the Rhine delta from Rotterdam. The 501 became the M 2001 engine and the 502 was converted into a 2011 trailer.